My initial idea for this post was to give you a rundown of what I’m getting rid of and things I really want to keep. HOWEVER, after sorting all my stuff and having my mum ask me 4927 times why I’m throwing things away I figured I’d explain to you my process of spring cleaning!
Why spring clean?
I always find it somewhat therapeutic to get rid of the old and make way for the new! I think people can get in a rut and one way to do fix that is to change things and reorganise! Also, people are always growing as people and changing and I think everything around you should reflect that as well!
What do I keep?
- I keep products that I obviously still like and use regularly, spring clean doesn’t mean just get rid of everything and anything.
- Items with sentimentally attached to it, I have a glass dolphin that me and my brother got with tickets in an arcade one year on holiday when I was about 8. I don’t use it, I will always keep it.
What do I do with products I’m keeping?Honestly I think I like organising my room far too much, I like to move things round, re organise draws, just give my room a fresh vibe to it!
What do I NOT keep?
- Everyone has those clothes that they always say they’ll wear and never do and sometimes you have to accept that and purge your wardrobe!
- I tend to store up products even if I don’t like them I keep them and they collect so I always find a spring clean a good time to filter down all my skin care/ Beauty products
What do I do with products I’m NOT keeping?
- My family/friends largely benefit from things I don’t want anymore, particularly when it comes to skin care and beauty products. My mum looooves any makeup I don’t use.
- Donaaaate. I have a bag currently sat in my room waiting to go to a charity shop. This can be anything from books, photo frames, clothes in good condition.
- Throw away/ recycle. Some products can’t be passed on but can be recycled or simply thrown away!
I figured I’d keep this post quick as you obviously have spring cleaning to get back to and I shan’t keep you too long! Let me know how your spring cleaning is going in the comments down below!
Thanks for reading,
Rebecca Jayne xo